As reported this week by The Huffington Post,
Gruesome footage of a Syrian rebel commander cutting the heart out of a soldier and biting into it has emerged online.
He says: “I swear to God we will eat your hearts and your livers, you soldiers of Bashar the dog,” to offscreen cheering.
You know, a large part of me is really not surprised by this. Sure, war is violent, but man, those Syrians are a whole other level. In fact, truly nothing in that part of the world surprises me anymore.
This is by far not the first time reports of unbelievable acts of cold blooded murder and other war crimes have surfaced from Syria.
Here is another absolutely abhorrent, graphic video of Assad soldiers slowly stabbing two prisoners to death. I really don’t recommend you watch it, but hey, I did and I survived:
Sure, they’re on the side of Assad, but whatever. They’ve all had the same upbringing.
The website LiveLeak is just overrun with such videos, and for that, I say thank God for LiveLeak, for it is one of the few last bastions of true un-censorship, betraying the truth about what goes on in the world outside of your G-rated, sugar coated tabloid “newspaper” sites.
Then you have Intentious, here to say what no other news blogging site has the balls to say on the matter.
Human Rights Watch’s Peter Bouckaert told Reuters news agency following the act:
“The mutilation of the bodies of enemies is a war crime. But the even more serious issue is the very rapid descent into sectarian rhetoric and violence.”
He went on to say that those committing war crimes on either side had to know that there was no impunity and that they would be brought to account.
You can watch the inhuman heart-eating act here (click on the picture):
Honestly, rebel Syrians… why do you expect the world to have pity on those being oppressed by Assad when you’re demonstrably an equally savage people?
Both sides are clearly full of barbaric scum that the rest of the world wants no part in. Even Turkey’s prime minister has vowed that his country won’t be drawn into Syria’s civil war, and I can fully agree with him.
I could not care less if this guy and everyone who supports him, dies… and I feel like I speak for a god damn lot of people.
The rest of us have had enough waiting for civility to catch on outside our own countries.
- Savage Online Videos Fuel Syria’s Descent Into Madness (world.time.com)
- Syria rebel in ‘heart-eating video’ (thesun.co.uk)
- Outrage at Syrian rebel shown ‘eating soldier’s heart’ (radio2hot.wordpress.com)
- ‘Sheer savagery': Syrian rebel rips out soldier’s heart, Human Rights Watch says (worldnews.nbcnews.com)
- Syrian rebel eats the HEART of army soldier in latest civil war atrocity (mirror.co.uk)
- Outrage at Syria rebel fighter ‘taking bite from soldier’s heart’ (standard.co.uk)
- Human rights group slams Syria rebel ‘heart-eating video’ (thesun.co.uk)
- Video of Syrian rebel biting heart of dead soldier condemned on all sides (irishtimes.com)
- Syria: Brigade Fighting in Homs Implicated in Atrocities (hrw.org)
- Video of Syrian rebel commander ‘biting into soldier’s heart’ (itv.com)